A new era, marked by technological revolution and digital transformation, has dawned in the 21st century, influencing the way businesses are run. Now more than ever, businesses need to staff up with specialists who can help them adapt to the rapid shifts in the marketplace and the intense rivalry that has arisen as a result of digital innovations and survive by using novel approaches that set them apart from the competition.
Is it a good idea to go into digital marketing? There’s no doubt that a career in digital marketing is one of the most exciting and bright future options. There are many advantages to this career path over others, including the fact that it is a broad field with many potential job avenues and opportunities to learn new things constantly.
Let’s investigate a few facets of the digital marketing industry to back up the claim that working in this field is rewarding.
Plenty of Job Opportunities: Employers today value “soft skills” more than ever before. If you’re making a middle-class wage but could use some digital chops, investing in yourself and learning more in that area could pay dividends. Successful completion of future missions is possible with deliberate skill development.
Diverse Opportunities: Once you’ve committed to a certain area of study in another field, it can be difficult to switch gears. There may be a significant learning curve for you to overcome. When it comes to digital marketing, however, you only need a few weeks of training to completely change your career path. Every person has the potential to develop their innate abilities and learn new skills. Participating in digital marketing courses, building one’s network, and being exposed to different opportunities are all great ways to learn more about the many possibilities available in the field of digital marketing.
A growing field is a great place to start if you’re worried about job security in a dynamic industry. The dynamic nature of digital marketing makes it a natural fit. If you’re willing to put in the effort, you can always get better at whatever it is you do. Due to the wide range of responsibilities in this industry and the variety of marketing strategies that can be developed, digital marketing provides an excellent opportunity to immerse oneself in a promising field while also ensuring long-term job security.
Convenient, on-demand training: Professionals in digital marketing need to keep expanding their skill sets if they want to keep up with the industry’s rapid pace of change. The best part is that you can adjust the intensity and duration of your workouts to suit your needs. Online digital marketing courses are available for those looking to expand their knowledge in the field. Creating websites, blogging, and maintaining a social media presence are all great ways to hone your skills.
Ecosystem Diversity: This is a great field to enter if you want to meet new people and broaden your horizons by learning new skills from them. Collaborating with people from different backgrounds can help you gain new perspectives and perhaps even change your career path.
Is Digital Marketing well paid?
A shortage of qualified workers is a direct result of the widening gap between market demand and supply. Highly competitive salaries are offered to professionals who possess the necessary knowledge and abilities. As a result, they have a considerable salary range to play with. Working in a lucrative field where there is a severe skills gap makes you an invaluable asset.
One of the many enticing features of this sector is that there is no need to carry out tasks in-house, so you can work from anywhere. This opens up the possibility of freelancing from the comfort of one’s own home. Therefore, you can negotiate and obtain your desired pay in this field if you have the required experience or expertise and the ability to demonstrate your accomplishments.
Is Digital Marketing in-demand?
As e-commerce and internet access continue to expand in India, so does the need for qualified digital marketing professionals. Because of the variety of opportunities it presents, the technology sector is attracting bright minds both new to the workforce and those with years of experience. With a compound annual growth rate of 25% to 30%, digital advertising is here to stay. Many Fortune 500 companies now allocate a sizable portion of their marketing budgets to digital channels, and leading companies such as Amazon and Zomato incur even greater costs.
What is the highest position in Digital Marketing?
In digital marketing, there is no top dog system where one person or group has more authority than another. But the more you study and improve your abilities, the more likely you are to reach the pinnacle of your profession and land the highest-paying job in digital marketing.
According to a LinkedIn study report, the top five most in-demand marketing positions are digital marketing specialists, digital account executives, social media managers, digital marketing managers, and copywriters.
The fastest-growing employment sector also confirms that SEO and SEM continue to be of paramount importance to companies. Media coordinator, SEM manager, SMO coordinator, SMM manager, and media manager are the five fastest-growing occupations.
What is the salary in Digital Marketing?
Here is a quick rundown of average salaries paid to different job profiles in Digital marketing across the country for your perusal.
- Manager of Digital Marketing: Rs. 4–10 Million a Year
- Manager of Search Engine Optimization: 3–7 Million Indian Rupees
- Search Engine Optimization/Pay-Per-Click Specialist: 3–5 Lakhs INR Annually
- Earnings for a web developer or designer range from 3 to 6 million Indian Rupees per year.
- Manager of Social Media: 3.5-7 million Indian Rupees (INR) per year
- Writers can expect to make between 2.5% and 5% of their annual salary in Indian Rupees.
Digital marketing salaries can range from entry level to highly experienced professionals.
Below is a list of the average salary in digital marketing in India based on their experience to help you get a better idea.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Beginning Salary after One Year: 1,76,578 (INR)
- Yearly salary of 234,460 (INR) for those with less than four years of experience.
- Those with 5–9 years of experience can expect a yearly salary of 4,58,532 (INR).
- Salary for those with less than a year’s worth of experience is 3 million Indian Rupees ($43,000).
- Over two years of experience, 4-5 million INR annually.
- Starting salary for those with less than a year of experience is 2 lakhs (about $4,000) Indian rupees (INR).
- Pay range of 3-5 million INR per year for those with more than two to three years’ experience.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
- annual salary of 2,52,444 INR for those with less than one year of relevant experience
- Income of 340,924 INR per year is offered to those with less than four years of experience.
- annual salary of 6,85,923 INR for those with 5-9 years of experience
Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Earn 2,80,000 INR yearly with less than a year of experience.
- Those with fewer than four years’ experience can expect an annual salary of 363,547 INR.
- Pay scale of 9,75,000 INR per annum for those with 5-9 years of experience.
Digital Marketing Manager
- Starting salary of 5,48,755 INR (Indian Rupees) per annum
- For those with 5-9 years of experience, the annual salary ranges from 7,09,800 to 10 lakhs INR.
When starting out in Digital Marketing, what steps should I take to ensure that I am successful financially?
Keeping up with the skills necessary for success in digital marketing is the most realistic and practical way to increase your earning potential in this field. Increasing one’s professional knowledge and experience is a surefire way to attract more favorable job offers. Take a digital marketing course and equip yourself with the knowledge you need to keep your business relevant, effective, and efficient.